Although they haven't broke ground in regards to the home, at least we are getting somewhere with the appointments. Guardian called early in the week to schedule a meeting with me to discuss the wiring options, but I guess the SR failed to tell them that I am still overseas. I had to direct them to talk with Steve since he will have to make the decisions, and since he's only off on Sundays and Mondays we have to wait until the 16th. Thursday CTI called wanting the schedule an appointment for flooring, and when I told the consultant she would have to discuss with someone else she was hesitant. I asked if it was possible for her to send color swatches of the carpet via email, and was told that they didn't have any. I found that odd considering I know a couple over here going through the same process, and they decided on their flooring and wiring through email photos and telephone conversations. Since she didn't have any other way to give me the colors, she had no choice but to deal with Steve. We were able to have that appointment set for the 16th as well, that way he only has to make one trip from Richmond.
On another note, Steve was offered an internal position with his company that has an office in DC--and they want him to start at the end of the month! I am excited that things are falling in to place, but the next obstacle is for him to find a place to live until the home is complete in August.